CNC Lathe Programmer/
Since 1972, Burnex Corporation, located in Ringwood, IL has been a world class leader in manufacturing precision metal stampings, wire forms and intricately designed custom and standard metal parts for a wide range of industries and applications. Rapid Waterjet Design, a child company of Burnex, specializes in Waterjet, CNC Mill and Wire EDM work making complex parts for aerospace, defense, automation and the machine tool industry. We are looking for a CNC Lathe Programmer/Operator in our Rapid Waterjet Design division a with minimum of 1 year of experience. Our facility is clean and climate controlled as well as having the latest technology and tooling. Our latest addition is our Smart NL 2000 BSY CNC lathe. It has live tooling and an 8” sub spindle.
Program and operate a CNC Lathe for the support of our new tooling and die maintenance efforts as well as a vast array of other manufacturing needs. Use a full host of manual machines to finish secondary operations (grinder, drill press, mill). Any wire EDM programing experience is a plus.
- Program and operate CNC Lathe using the latest version of Master Cam software. Knowledge of AutoCad and Solid Works and Esprit is a plus.
- Completing all aspects of set up and set up maintenance on the equipment being operated including installation and alignment of tooling, fixtures, and their holders
- Observe machine operation to verify accuracy of machine settings and to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, using precision measuring instruments such as micrometer and dial caliper.
- Completing routine machine PM and daily machine/workspace clean up as required.
- Any knowledge of general grinding and machining practices is a plus.
- One year of programming experience and operating CNC lathes.
- Knowledge of FANUC controls is helpful but not necessary.
- High School Diploma.
- Follow procedures and instructions per ISO requirements.
- Knowledge of Mastercam is helpful but not necessary.
- Good written & verbal skills.
- Knowledge of GD&T is helpful but not necessary.
- Able to work overtime when necessary.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00 – $30.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- CNC Lathe Programming/Operating: 1 year (Preferred)